Consulate General of IndiaSan Francisco, California
Serving the states of: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming and territory of Guam
e-Tourist Visa to India LaunchedDecember 01, 2014
e-Tourist Visa (eTV)
1. e-Tourist Visa (eTV) has been made available by the Government of India to citizens of certain countries, including the United States of America. Details of the scheme are available on the dedicated website created for this purpose: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html. International Travellers, whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit may apply for eTV.
2. Citizens of the eligible countries can apply online for eTV (twice a year, each visit not exceeding 30 days, visa duration non-extendable) which shall be granted through email. The applicant should carry a print of this email and can travel to India through 9 designated international airports (Bangalore, Chennai, Kochin, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Thiruvananthapuram). eTV is not valid for entry from sea ports in India. The eTV scheme entails capture of biometric data of the visitor on arrival at the airport.
3. Applicants of the eligible countries may apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 30 days. Example: If you are applying on 1st September then you can select arrival date from 5th September to 4th October.
4. Applicants requiring help may call the helpline number (+91-11-24300666) or send an email to email@example.com for any queries in connection with applying for eTV.
5. The earlier TVOA scheme which included 12 countries (Cambodia, Finland, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Luxemburg, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Republic of Korea) has been discontinued, and only the new eTV scheme described above is now available.
6. Please visit the eTV website https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html for complete details of the scheme.
7. The eTV facility is in addition to the existing Visa services being provided through Indian Embassies and Consulates.
Electronic-Tourist Visa on Arrival Enabled with Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) Scheme Launched
Important instructions for Electronic Tourist Visa Applicants:
- NOT VALID FOR ENTRY FROM SEA PORTS IN INDIA (IF ARRIVING ON BOARD CRUISE SHIPS)
- VALID ONLY FOR SINGLE ENTRY TO INDIA
- ALLOWED FOR ONLY TWO VISITS IN ONE CALENDER YEAR
Latest News and Events
- March 15, 2017 : Statement by external affairs minister on matters of urgent public importance raised in lok sabha on march 9, 2017, during zero hour on the recent incidents of attack on members of indian diaspora in the united states
- March 10, 2017 : Iree 2017 - international railway equipment exhibition, 11-13 october 2017 at pragati maidan, new delhi
- March 06, 2017 : Agri leadership summit' from 18-20 march, 2017 at surajkund, faridabad, haryana
- March 06, 2017 : 3rd edition of the global exhibition on services (ges) from april 17-20, 2017 at india expo centre & mart, greater noida