Consulate General of IndiaSan Francisco, California
Serving the states of: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming and territory of Guam
Notice and Alerts
Important Notice to all VISA applicants about Third Party Visa applicationsJuly 09, 2014
All Visa applicants are herewith notified as follows:
- M/s Travisa and M/s BLS International are no longer the approved/authorized visa outsourcing and processing agencies for the Consulate General of India in San Francisco. All applicants are herewith notified that the Consulate General of India in San Francisco has authorized only M/S Cox & Kings Global Services (CKGS) to accept applications and documents for Visas, OCI and PIO cards, Renunciation of Indian nationality certificates, etc. for further processing at the Consulate General of India.
- It has come to the notice of the Consulate that some applicants do prefer to apply for their Visas and other travel documents through Third Party Agencies. This is to inform the applicants that applying through Third Party agencies may result in unnecessary delays in processing of Visas due to the inherent procedures and subsequent time delay in processing such applications. Hence all applicants who require faster services are intimated to submit their applications well in time either by direct submission at CKGS or by postal mode. They can also avail of the urgent Postal Visa application service currently available at CKGS San Francisco. All Visa applicants who apply through Third Party Service Providers are required to enquire of the status of their applications only through their Third Party Agencies and not contact either CKGS or the Consulate.
- All applicants are advised to go through the instructions for filling up necessary application forms from the Consulate's website at www.cgisf.org or http://www.in.ckgs.us. Applicants are herewith advised not to approach any agents who promise to expedite travel documents for a high fees. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to be aware of such unscrupulous agents and not pay any fees higher than the prescribed service / visa fees as detailed in the above two websites. Travel documents such as Passports, Visas, OCI/PIO cards, etc. are issued on a timely basis provided they are applied as per guidelines and with the prescribed necessary documents. Any approach by such agents should be reported immediately to the Consulate at sfcpic[at]cgisf[dot]org.
- The Consulate / CKGS will not be responsible for any financial loss or any other type of damage/loss caused to the applicant due to approaching and applying through such unscrupulous agents.
Latest Notice and Alerts
- April 26, 2017 : Open house at consulate for may 2017
- April 25, 2017 : Lincoln town car 2010 for sale - a fully serviced and well maintained car from the consulate general of india
- April 13, 2017 : Tender enquiry april 13, 2017
- April 07, 2017 : Job vacancy : clerk / messenger