Consulate General of IndiaSan Francisco, California
Serving the states of: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming and territory of Guam
Notice and Alerts
Important Notice to all VISA applicantsJuly 09, 2014
- All visa applicants are herewith advised not to book their travel tickets without obtaining relevant Visas. The Consulate will not be responsible for any financial loss or any other type of damage/loss caused to the applicant due to making such bookings before obtaining visas.
- Entry Visa is not granted to spouse or child of a person of Indian origin or spouse or dependent family member of a foreign national coming to India on long term visa such as Employment, Business, Research or Student if they are or have been nationals of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, China or Sri Lanka, or are US citizens of Pakistan origin.
- The validity of an existing visa does not expire if holder acquires a new passport, as long as personal particulars and nationality of the holder have not changed. The visa holder can travel carrying old passport with valid Indian visa along with new passport. However, if such a visa holder wishes to formally transfer the visa for the remaining period of the duration of the visa onto the new passport, the applicant shall follow procedure on CKGS website. This is a purely optional choice for the applicants.
- The Embassy/Consulates reserve the right to seek additional documentation at their discretion and the same will be communicated to the applicant by CKGS. Applicants must carefully review the time period of visa that they seek and must note and understand that Visa is not a matter of right and hence the Embassy/Consulates could deny the visa if not found eligible / or does not have adequate supporting documentation or grant a visa for a period lesser than what has been requested in the application and what the applicant has paid for. There shall be no clarifications or enquiries in this regard and the decision of the Consulate will be final and binding.
Latest Notice and Alerts
- April 26, 2017 : Open house at consulate for may 2017
- April 25, 2017 : Lincoln town car 2010 for sale - a fully serviced and well maintained car from the consulate general of india
- April 13, 2017 : Tender enquiry april 13, 2017
- April 07, 2017 : Job vacancy : clerk / messenger