Consulate General of IndiaSan Francisco, California
Serving the states of: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming and territory of Guam
Permanent Account Number (PAN)
The Application for allotment of PAN can be made online either through the portal of National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL)(https://www.nsdl.co.in/ ) or portal of UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited (UTITSL) (http://www.utitsl.co.in/ ).
The charges for applying for PAN online are Rs.94 from Indian communication address and Rs.944 for any foreign communication address. Payment of application fee can be made through credit/ debit card online.
Once the Application and payment are accepted by NSDL/UTITSL, the applicant is required to send the supporting documents through post to NSDL/UTITSL. after getting them attested by the Consulate.
The Consulate will require the following documents for attestation which have to be sent by the applicants for their PAN.
- PAN application (should be signed by a notary)
- Miscellaneous Service application
- Passport (original), apostilled copy and photocopy of apostilled copy.
- Apostilled copy of driving license and photocopy of appostilled copy
- Money order/cashier's check for $80 (if applying by mail) and $60 if applying in person.
For detailed procedure and guidelines, required documents and download of form 49A for PAN allotment, please refer to either of portal of NSDL/UTITSL or visit website www.incometaxindia.gov.in
- Commercial Representative
- E&Y: India Attractiveness Survey 2015
- Exhibitions and Trade Fairs
- India Commercial
- India in Business
- IndiaConnect Initiative: India Corporate Internship
- Indian Customs
- Invest India
- Major Indian Trade / Investment Organisations
- Monthly Commercial Report 2016
- OIFC India Connect Initiatives
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)