Consulate General of IndiaSan Francisco, California
Serving the states of: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming and territory of Guam
Applying In Person:
Fee : A non-refundable fee of $ 25 (twenty five) + $3 Indian Community Welfare Fee (ICWF) w.e.f. Oct. 01, 2012 per attestation. If you want to receive the attested documents back through mail, either send a trackable pre-paid return mailing envelope (USPS 'Express Mail' or FEDEX etc.) or enclose a money order/cashier’s check for $ 20 (twenty) payable to Consulate General of India - San Francisco.
Fees should be paid through Money order or Cashiers’ cheque drawn in favor of the ‘Consulate General of India, San Francisco’. Cash, Personal Cheques, Credit Cards, Debit Cards or other banking instruments are not accepted.
Delivery of Documents (Pick-up Hours) : 04.00 pm to 04.45 pm (Monday to Friday)
Applicant has to apply in person only. NRI Certificate is issued to persons holding either Indian passport or OCI/PIO card.
How to Apply:
- Miscellaneous Services Form - Download the Miscellaneous Application form and complete the application form.
- Attach the following documents with the application form.
- Original passport required
- Photocopy of pages of the Indian passport with visas/arrival/departure immigration stamps.
- Proof of your US Visa Status:(copy of any one of the following)
- Photocopy of the page containing visa on passport (H1B, H4 etc) and the copy of I-94
- Clear Photocopy of Green Card
- Employment Authorization Document (Work Permit)
- I-797, I-140 or I-20 (If approval copy of these notices are pending, also attach a handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to regularize status)
- Proof of current US residence address: (copy of any one of the following)
- U.S Driving license.
- PG&E, Water or landline telephone bill displaying applicant’s address
- House Lease Agreement
- State Identification Card
Note: Bank/credit card/mobile phone statements are not accepted as residence proof
- A letter stating why you require the NRI certificate and the date from when residing in USA.
- A notorized affidavit from parents of the ward, seeking sponsorship from NRI Certificate applicant with complete details of the course/college/institution/academic year. The affidavit shall mention the relationship of the ward with NRI Certificate applicant. The affidavit shall also contain passport/personal particularts of the ward.
- Affidavit for Childs Passport to be issued in India
- Attestation of Death Documents
- Attestation of Documents
- Attestation of Will
- Birth Certificate or non Availability of Birth Certificate
- Commercial Documents
- Life Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- No Objection Letter For Child Adoption (for Adoption)
- NORI (No Obligation to Return to India)
- NRI Certificate
- PCC (Police Clearance Certificate)
- Power of Attorney / Affidavits relating to Property or Financial Matters
- Registration of Birth
- Statement of Need Certificates for Medical Doctors