Consulate General of IndiaSan Francisco, California
Serving the states of: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming and territory of Guam
1. Processing of Passport Services applications has been outsourced to M/S Cox & Kings Global Services (CKGS). Hence, those seeking information regarding these services/wanting to ascertain status of their applications, must contact Cox & Kings Global Services only. Consulate is unable to entertain any queries on these services. However, if there are any complaints regarding processing of your application, the Consulate could be contacted at contact us page.
2. Processing of Visas, OCI and PIO cards and Renunciation Certificate applications has been outsourced to M/S Cox & Kings Global Services (CKGS). Hence, those seeking information regarding these services/wanting to ascertain status of their applications, must contact Cox & Kings Global Services only. Consulate is unable to entertain any queries on these services. However, if there are any complaints regarding processing of your application, the Consulate could be contacted at contact us page.
3. As the webpages have been redesigned to make these user friendly, Please visit relevant web pages and go through the information carefully, as answers to many of your queries may already be there. For such e-mails, where information is easily available on the website, the Consulate may not send a response.
4. For any queries on Miscellaneous services, use the links provided at contact us page. Consulate can also be contacted at Tel: (415) 668-0662 (between 14:00-16:00 hrs on weekdays). In case the phone lines are busy please send an email to get a response.
5. Applicants applying for Passport need to get an appointment. Appointment date is auto generated when the passport application is submitted online. However the application will be accepted on the appointed date on a first come first serve basis.
6. For those applying for Miscellaneous services, there is no need to take an appointment. Applicants could visit the Consulate on any working day between 9AM -12 Noon. The service will be on first come first serve basis.
7. All Power of attorneys have to be first Apostilled. The Consulate would attest only those doucments which are already apostilled.
8. Those having a valid visa for India on a passport which has expired, they can still travel to India with the old expired passport (having Indian visa) and the new current valid passport. However, it is advised to get the Indian visa transferred to the new valid US passport for ease of use.
9. Please do not bring any backpacks or bulky items to the Consulate.
Forms/Affidavits links are on relevant pages. However, in case you need a specific form/affidavit Click here Form/Affidavits
Mailing address of the Consulate General of India,San Francisco:
540 Arguello Boulevard,
San Francisco, CA 94118
- Do's and Dont's for Indian Emigrants
- EMERGENCY CERTIFICATE
- Guidelines for adoption of Indian children
- Helpful Information
- Miscelleneous Services
- Statement of Need Certificates for Medical Doctors
- Birth Certificate or non Availability of Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Power of Attorney / Affidavits relating to Property or Financial Matters
- Commercial Documents
- PCC (Police Clearance Certificate)
- Attestation of Will
- NORI (No Obligation to Return to India)
- No Objection Letter For Child Adoption (for Adoption)
- Life Certificate
- Attestation of Documents
- Affidavit for Childs Passport to be issued in India
- NRI Certificate
- Registration of Birth
- Attestation of Death Documents
- OCI (Overseas Citizenship of India) cards
- Passport Related Services
- Photograph Specifications
- PIO (Person of Indian Origin) Cards
- Renunciation of Indian Citizenship & Surrender of Indian Passport