Consulate General of IndiaSan Francisco, California
Serving the states of: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming and territory of Guam
Renunciation of Indian Citizenship & Surrender of Indian Passport
The Embassy of India, Washington DC has outsourced the handling of Renunciation of citizenship applications to M/S. Cox & Kings Global Services (CKGS) w.e.f. May 21, 2014.
For detailed guidelines on submitting the applications, documentation requirements and fees etc., you may visit the following link: http://www.in.ckgs.us
All applications received by Cox & Kings Global Services will be acknowledged to the applicants within 3 to 5 working days.
The Consulate General of India, San Francisco, does not, directly accept applications, either in person or through mail for Renunciation of Indian Citizenship & Surrender of Indian passport services.
- If you wish to seek any information regarding these services, or if you wish to ascertain status of processing of your application, or if you have any complaints/suggestions regarding the services, you must contact CKGS only.
- Please contact Cox & Kings Global Services San Francisco at: www.in.ckgs.us
- CKGS Contact / Feedback: <Click Here>. Helpline: Tel nos:e (516)206-1483 & (646)589-0088
- Consulate will not reply to any email or telephone enquiry for Renunciation/Surrender Certificate services unless the service is delayed by more than 10 working days from the date of submission of all necessary documents.
PROCESSING TIME FOR RENUNCIATION OF INDIAN CITIZENSHIP AND ISSUANCE OF RENUNCIATION CERTIFICATE (from the day the application is received in the Consulate)
General processing time period - for US passport holders - 2 weeks (from the day the application is received in the Consulate).
The above time period is an indicative general processing time and does not include the period for transfer of applications from CKGS to Consulate and back. There may be a longer processing time for other types of cases like: holders of non US foreign passport holders, cases where the documents are not as per guidelines, or issues of penalty etc.
Consulate Reserve the right to reject any application without assigning any reasons.
All Visa / Renunciation certificate applicants are herewith advised that in case they want to apply for Visa and Renunciation certificates together, applicants should expect total processing time of at least 10-15 working days for the combined processing of both Visa and Renunciation Certificates. In case applicants need urgent visa, they are advised to apply for URGENT Visas and apply for Renunciation certificates simultaneously, and submit two return courier/postal self addressed envelopes for Visa and Renunciation Certificate separately. Passport with Visa will be returned first, while the Renunciation certificate will be returned later.
All such applicants are advised to contact CKGS at their designated Email and Contact numbers for queries on any delayed applications. Enquiries on delays will be entertained at the Consulate only after the passage of 15 working days from the time of submission of applications at CKGS.
In case of non-availability of Indian passport (which is to be presented at the time of renunciation), an affidavit in the prescribed format is sufficient. However, in case of loss/misplacing of valid Indian passports, it is necessary for applicants to provide a police report regarding the loss of valid Indian passport.
- Do's and Dont's for Indian Emigrants
- EMERGENCY CERTIFICATE
- Guidelines for adoption of Indian children
- Helpful Information
- Miscelleneous Services
- Statement of Need Certificates for Medical Doctors
- Birth Certificate or non Availability of Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Power of Attorney / Affidavits relating to Property or Financial Matters
- Commercial Documents
- PCC (Police Clearance Certificate)
- Attestation of Will
- NORI (No Obligation to Return to India)
- No Objection Letter For Child Adoption (for Adoption)
- Life Certificate
- Attestation of Documents
- Affidavit for Childs Passport to be issued in India
- NRI Certificate
- Registration of Birth
- Attestation of Death Documents
- OCI (Overseas Citizenship of India) cards
- Passport Related Services
- Photograph Specifications
- PIO (Person of Indian Origin) Cards
- Renunciation of Indian Citizenship & Surrender of Indian Passport